Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday, Nov. 1, 2010


I hope all of my munchkin friends had a great Halloween and got to eat lots of candy last night! I can't wait until it's my turn to go Trick or Treating!
I managed to get a few winks last night in between my fussing but I'm pretty "talkative" most of the time when I'm awake. My throat is still a little sore from my tube, so when I cough it makes me really unhappy :( I still am loving my pacifier if I can manage to keep it in my mouth, but it's pretty tough sometimes. I'm also continuing my milk through my feeding tube and the doctors say I am doing really well with it so they are going to start giving me a little more! My mom and dad are hoping that a full belly will make me a little more content, so they are crossing their fingers that the extra milk helps! My vitals are holding steady and my x-rays and blood work are all looking really good, too. The doctors are talking about weaning me off my blood pressure medicine today and they will continue to wean me off most of my other meds. Once I'm doing well and off of a lot of my medicines, that will eventually mean I can move over to the "step down" area on the floor and start getting ready to go home (although I will be sad to leave my nice corner room with a view!) My mom, dad and I still don't know how long that will take because we don't want to rush anything if I'm not ready, but we are all hoping that it is sooner rather than later. I also can't believe I am going to be one month old this Friday! I wonder if my mom and dad have something special planned for my big day?

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic, Will! Stay strong and keep up the great work. Thank your Mom and Dad for their faithful posts so we can all follow your progress. Lots of thoughts and prayers are headed your way!

    jo & dan
    parker s. grandparents

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and adorable face!

    ReplyDelete