Monday, November 22, 2010

Update after our first doctor visit to our cardiologist

Today mommy and daddy went with me to see Dr. Balzer, my cardiologist. The visit for the most part went by without any incidents. However, the nurse told me that I had to take off my sweet outfit that mom put me in and leave me in my diaper to weigh me and take my vitals. I did not like it one bit! It was freakin cold in the doctor's office. We did receive some good news though - mommy and daddy no longer have to put that stinkin gauze and tape over my incision sight on my chest. Oh, and one of my medications was dropped to only once a day (my lasix to help me pee). Dr. Balzer also told mom and dad that we can take out my feeding tube since I am doing so well on my bottle feedings. However, I overheard mom and dad say that they may leave it in for a little bit longer to give me some of my medications as I hate the taste of them and like to spit some out if mom and dad try and sneak them in my mouth. They also had to draw some blood of mine for additional tests regarding my liver enzymes and the results won't be back for a few days. Luckily, they were able to draw blood on the first try! So, I only cried for a short while and then mommy gave me my bottle for lunch. What a smart mommy to remember to bring my lunch to the doctor's office. Unfortunately, I fell asleep after they took my blood and I had to finish my bottle once I got back home as I sleep for the entire car ride home.

Can't wait for Turkey Day!!!!

-Iron Will

No comments:

Post a Comment