Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Feeding Time!!!




Ok, well, actually I have been feeding continuously through my tube in my nose but last night and today mommy and daddy got to work on a bottle feed and I did great! It will be a slow process for me to get used to sucking from the bottle and figuring out how to swallow, but mom and dad as well as the nurses and doctors seem pleased with my progress so far. The doctors came in to see me this morning and told mom and dad that my liver enzymes were a bit elevated and that they were going to meet later today to figure out if anything needs to be done. They didn't seem too worried about it but told us that a plan may be created to lower my enzymes to a more acceptable level. Today I also received my physical therapy from Rebecca which I totally love! It really relaxes me and I asked mom and dad if we can take Rebecca home when I leave. Unfortunately, that won't happen, but mom and dad have been watching my therapy sessions so they can do it once I am home. The view from my room is amazing - you guys should check it out! I had the downtown view from my room in the CICU and now I have a view of Forest Park and Clayton.

All the doctors and nurses are so proud of my progress so far and I am feeling pretty good right now. My big goals now are to increase my feedings and learn how to feed from a bottle. If I can catch onto these things quickly, I won't need a feeding tube when I go home, but mom and dad want me to take my time so I will probably have the feeding tube for a little while longer. I may just amaze them and learn to feed from a bottle and not even need that feeding tube at home - I'll do my best! Stay tuned, friends, and send some good vibes my way so I will learn to enjoy this bottle soon :)

1 comment:

  1. So happy reading about Iron Will's amazing progress. You are all in our thoughts everyday and we can't wait to meet Will!

    ReplyDelete