Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday, Nov. 4, 2010


Morning everyone! I had a very good night and am continuing to get my PD therapy for my lung every 2 hours. Looks like it is working because my x-ray this morning showed some more improvement on my right side! I've been getting lots of rest in between my therapy but I've also been awake quite a bit so that I can look at my mom and dad and all the green lights on my machines! I've also been getting my milk since yesterday afternoon and they are going to increaes it little by little as long as I am doing well. Eventually I hope to start getting a bottle but they warned us that it may take me a while to learn how to eat on my own again. I am also being weaned off my morphine which is going well because I am such a tough little dude :)
My mom and dad told me they went to a support group last night and met some mommies of other "heart kids". They got to hear lots of encouraging stories and I think they really liked all of the other moms so they will probably be going to more of these meetings in the future! I also had visits from my friends Brooke and Sydney yesterday but I was so tired, I slept the whole time they were there - sorry ladies! My mom and dad are still reading me lots of stories and the three of us really appreciate all the wonderful books that our friends and family have brought us - they are all so special! Right now I am getting my Physical Therapy from my friend Rebecca. She is very good and so gentle that most of the time I sleep right through it! We don't have any more word on when I may be moving to the "step down" area and out of the ICU but I am doing my best to keep getting better so that will hopefully be very soon!

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work Will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo ---- That is great news, Will! You are such a handsome guy and very brave, too. Keep up all the good work, and we hope you get to go to the step down area real soon!

    Sending good thoughts your way,
    jo & dan schultz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! Will looks amazing and it's so nice to see pictures and put a face to his name. I am so glad that you guys came to the meeting last night. As I said last night, the group has been unbelievable and I am so glad to have a group of moms who get what our life is like. It has been a true blessing to me.
    I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for Will and your family. God is in control and has already brought him through so much.
    Hang in there!
    Heart hugs,
    Faith Mahoney (mom to Maggie Jane, HRHS)
    www.happyheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete