Thursday, November 11, 2010

One more day to go!


Well it sounds like the plan is to send me home tomorrow! I am very excited but also a little nervous and I think mom and dad feel the same way. Last night I had a new neighbor - a little guy named Jase that is 2 months old and has the very same defect as me! My mom and his mom have been talking a lot about us and I think my mom is pretty thankful to have someone "in the know" to talk to about things that will be happening in the very near future. I started off my morning with some bolus feeds which means my milk is going into my stomach a little faster than normal. My mom, dad and I are also continuing to work on my bottle feeds and I have to say I think I am improving a little bit every time! I tried a gravity feed this morning which means the milk just went into my feeding from above without the regulation of a pump and I did okay, but about a half hour later I puked quite a bit up - yikes! I hear that happens, though, because the milk almost goes into my tummy faster than if I was eating by mouth so it's tough to keep it all in! My mom also got to practice placing my feeding tube and she did a really good job, even though I didn't like it one bit! I hope daddy does it quickly when it's his turn to practice. Mom and dad will also be giving me my meds and changing the dressing on my chest when I go home so they have a lot to remember but I know they will do a great job:) I also went down to the imaging center to get an ultrasound of my liver to make sure everthing was looking good and apparently I passed! I had to get some blood drawn, too and as usual my veins were not cooperating so they had to stick me 3 times before they could get it - ouch! The GI doctors came by to talk to us about my elevated enzymes and biliruben and said that it looks like everything is getting better so I probably won't have to be meeting with them once I go home. We picked our cardiologist the other day and will be following up with Dr. Balzer. I will also be getting follow up home visits from a nurse so they can check on my progress and weight gain. So, I'm going to rest up tonight because I'm sure I'll have a busy day tomorrow before they send me home - I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. OMG that is fantastic news!!! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray Will! That is great news for you and your mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete