Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday, Nov. 17, 2010




I'm settling into life at home pretty well but I still haven't really gotten into a predictable schedule - hey, it's still only been 5 days! I am, however, making huge progress on my bottle feeding! This morning at 9amI finished my entire bottle - all 110 ML by mouth!!! My mom and dad gave me a little pep talk last night to remind me that the more milk I can eat on my own, the sooner I can get my feeding tube out, so that is some good motivation! I still don't finish my entire bottle every time because I get really sleepy and I am only allowed to eat for a half hour before the rest goes into my NG tube, but I am doing my best. Any by the way, I love to burp! I am sleeping pretty good at night still so mom and dad really appreciate that, but I have been getting pretty fussy during the evening hours. Mom and dad aren't sure what it is but they are starting to suspect a little gas may be the culprit :)


Last night we had our first follow up visit with our home nurse, Marisa, and she said I am doing great! I have gained some weight and now I am at 9lbs, 6oz - such a big boy already! Marisa also stressed the importance of remaining germ free and making sure any visitors have had flu shots, wash their hands, and only come to see me, mom and dad if they are super healthy!


This morning I spent a little time on my tummy because I am supposed to work on strengthening my neck muscles to hold my head up, but I pretty much just laid there today trying to figure out what I was supposed to be doing. Now I'm taking a little nap in my Boppy, which I love and I'll be up to eat at noon - I am going to rock that bottle again! Talk to you later!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news, Will! You are amazing and we are so glad that you are enjoying your bottle and growing so well. Way to go! Tell your Mom and Dad that they are doing an amazing job, too! We love the continued updates and sweet pictures of you!

    Hugs,
    Parker's grandparents

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys! I had some extra time and I had to get on here and see how you guys were doing! Will looks outstanding! I am so glad to hear that he is doing so well with his feeding! Him and Jace will continue to amaze us with their strengths and abilities! You guys are always in our thoughts and prayers! Hope we see each other soon and NOT in 7 west! Sending love... Stephanie, James, Jace and the rest of the Jones family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will, you are AWESOME. It is so great to hear that you are doing so well. Tell mom and dad that they are doing a great job to. We can tell because your pics show that you are a very happy boy. Enjoy your first Thanksgiving. This is not only special for you but also for your entire family.

    ReplyDelete