Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2010


I had a lot of visitors last night and I was on my best behavior! I met mommy's friends Hyatt and Sarah and then my Aunt Lizzie and Uncle Tommer came to see me! I had my eyes open and was looking at them trying to figure out who all the faces belonged to. I have also been staring quite a bit at the green lights on all of my machines which keeps me pretty entertained sometimes. This morning was already really busy, too. I have been getting my PD therapy every 2 hours to help reinflate my right lung but on rounds this morning my x-ray showed that it was still looking pretty bad, so they are going to keep going with my therapy and suctioning my nose and mouth (which I hate!) I had a visit from my Godfather, Uncle Brent this morning and it was so cool to see him in his police uniform! I also got my central lines out today which are cathaters that they put in my heart before my surgery to deliver my medications. Two of the three had broken so they had to remove them but I still have one to get all the stuff I need. They also did an ECCO of my heart to watch while they took the lines out and everything went great! But of course, a little bit later, I decided to be a stinker again and drop my lung pressure when my mom and dad left for breakfast. I managed to get it back up when the nurse turned me to lay on my stomach for the first time and I found out that I really like laying like that! The nurse got me a nice vibrating "egg" to put under my bed and it feels sooooo good. My mom and dad also finally got a full view of my crazy hairstyle that I have going on right now (but they reassure me that it will all grow back eventually). So my job today is to work on getting the gunk out of my lungs to reinflate my right side and then hopefully they'll start giving me my milk again - I'm hungry!

1 comment:

  1. Hiya Will! I was priveleged to meet your awesome mom and dad tonite ~ be good for them! Keep up that iron will and be home soon! {You'll love it there, I promise!}

    Blessings Wee One,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete