Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thursday, Oct. 28, 2010


Yesterday afternoon I had my chest sutured up by Dr. Huddleston. I did really well but later in the evening my blood pressure fell a little bit so I got some more meds added and a nice blood transfusion - mom called me her little vampire but I think it was a really bad joke :) After all that excitement, I had a nice quiet evening and slept a bunch. This morning I was taken off my paralytic meds again and I started waking up pretty quickly. I also had some special visitors, which I love! Akshay came by again to see me and to talk to my mom and dad about my progress. He said all the nurses at MoBap were thinking about me and wanted him to report on how I've been doing. Mom and dad told him how strong I am and how well I've been recovering and it sounds like they are all very proud of me! Akshay said they've also been sharing my story with some new moms at the hospital to make sure they take the full time in the hospital after they deliver their new little babies. No need to rush out of there just in case something is not quite right - just look how lucky I was!
My pediatrician, Dr. Kreusser also came by to see me this morning. I decided to open my eyes up wide to see what all the noise was about and she got to see my big baby blues! Once I'm out of here I know she's going to be a great doctor for me, along with all the other doctors at Children's that I'll be visiting quite a bit.
So for the rest of the day I am going to try to rest up and keep healing while my mom and dad hang out by my side.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie,
    How are you holding up? How was Will today? I know it has been a LONG time since we talked/saw each other. But wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and your family! Also, I work the building over from where Will is, so if you ever need a break or just need to vent feel free to give me a call! 362-2670 (from an "in house phone" just dial 2-2670). Hang in there, they are the BEST Doc's in the WORLD!!!

    ReplyDelete