Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday, Oct. 23, 2010


Today my dad met with Dr. Huddleston, who told us that my first heart surgery would be this Monday afternoon. While this was very exciting news, it was also scary at the same time. I know that I am in the best possible hands with Dr. Huddleston and the other doctors and nurses at Children's so I told my mom and dad that they didn't need to worry. They are going to meet with him again tomorrow to get some more details on what will happen and what to expect during and after my operation.
Mom, Dad and I are so happy to be taking this one big step closer to the day when I get to go home! The surgery will be around 5 hours long and I know that all of my friends and family will be praying for me during this time and also during my recovery. My mom and dad said I probably won't be allowed any visitors for several days in my room becuase I will need a quiet, safe place to recover. I will probably be in the hospital about 2 to 3 more weeks following the surgery to make sure I am 100% ready to go home and start my new life with my mom and dad and dog, Shelly! They have told me to get my rest the next couple of days so I am nice and strong for my big operation and I am doing my best to listen to them - but I think mom and dad really like when I open my eyes to look at them :)

1 comment:

  1. Katie- i have been thinking of you and William. Joy has been keeping me updated.

    ReplyDelete