Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday, Oct. 8, 2010



My mom and dad spent the night in the hospital the first night I was here so they could be close by my side. The doctors worked all night on me, trying to stabilize me. They hooked me up to a lot of machines, gave me a lot of medications and took ultrasounds of my heart and other organs to see exactly what was going on. I had a wonderful nurse named my first night and she took excellent care of me!

In the morning my mom and dad met Dr. Mathur, Attending, and he filled them in on my progress overnight. He said I was still not quite stable but was much much better than when I had come in on Thursday evening. He also told them that they had put me on some medications to sedate and paralyze me so that my body wasn't working so hard to do anything. I was on a ventilator, so that was going to help me breathe. I also loved my nurse Mary Ann - she was very gentle and sweet to me!

Mom and dad spent the day by my side, telling me they loved me, that they were going to get me through this and that I was going to be all better soon. My uncle Tommer came to visit that morning and sat with my mom and dad and sent good thoughts and prayers my way. I also got a special visit from Dr. Akshaya who said I looked so much better than when he had checked me out the night before. He said that I was a very lucky little boy and that I was in great hands here at Children's. That night, my mom and dad met with Mary Wood, RN, who explained the surgeries that I would require in more detail. She said that Dr. Huddelston would come find us when it was time to discuss surgery in more detail and that when there was a room available, I would be moving from the NICU to the CICU (but that wouldn't happen for several more days).

No comments:

Post a Comment