Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Oct. 29, 2010

Today is Halloween at the hospital and lots of employees have dressed up for the occasion. My mom and dad decided that they should dress me up as much as they could so I am wearing my new pumpkin hat and Halloween socks! My friend Melanie knit me a beautiful pumpkin hat (see below) but I am waiting to wear it once I have all these sensors off my head!
I had a pretty good day yesterday and got lots of sleep. Last night I had another little blood pressure episode but once I got some more blood, I was feeling much better! They also started giving me some milk again through a feeding tube but wanted to do it very slowly because of the problems I had with my abdomen before surgery. Right now I am taking a little break from the milk to see how my stomach handles it. The doctors also started reducing my sedation meds so I am much more awake this morning! I have been staring at my overhead heater and my giant spider balloon that mom and dad got me yesterday. They are also slowly backing me off my ventilator support to get me ready to take this darn breathing tube out. I been sucking on my breathing tube quite a bit so I am hoping that mom and dad give me a pacifier once this thing is out of my mouth!
Dr. Canter came in to talk to us this morning and said I was doing really well! He said that with all of the issues I had before my surgery, he and Dr. Huddleston have been pleasantly surprised with how good everything has gone so far, or "better than they expected" as he put it - so I'm really happy about that! I know my mom and dad expected me to do well from the start so that is no surprise to them!

2 comments:

  1. Happy early Halloween precious Will. Just think of all of the candy you'll be eating this time next year! ;-) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the good work, Will! You look great in your pumpkin hat. We love that we can see your beautiful eyes, too!

    ReplyDelete