Saturday, October 9, 2010

Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010


On Saturday, my mom and dad caught morning rounds and got an update on my condition. I was doing a little better still than the day before, which was great news. I also had another awesome nurse named Christie! I did have a slight trace of blood in my diaper today but it wasn't anything too concerning because things like this tend to happen when your organs undergo a trauma like mine did. The doctors also told my mom and dad that my liver was a bit damaged and that it would heal, but I was having a little trouble with my blood clotting so I was getting platelets to help that get better. I also got hooked up to the EEG today so that the neurologists could watch my brain waves to make sure everything looked good. I looked pretty crazy with those little sensors glued all over my head! I did have a very short seizure but it didn't appear to be anything serious. As a precaution, they put me on some anti-seizure medication that should prevent any more of these from happening.

In the morning, Uncle Pat and Aunt Liz brought my dog Shelly and their dog Ollie to spend some time with my mom and dad across the street at Bread Co. I knew mom and dad would be back so I was happy to let them go visit Shelly and get some breakfast. Uncle Tom and Aunt Erin visited me as well which I loved! I also got a visit from my pediatrician, Dr. Kreusser. Daddy's friends Dan and Peter also dropped off a big bag of snacks and drinks for my mom and dad to have at the hospital which was so awesome of them! Later that night, my Grandpa Tom, Grandma Pattie, Grandpa Jerry, Grandma Karen, Aunt Melissa, Aunt Liz and Uncle Pat came to visit again - I am one very popular little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment