Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday, Oct. 25, 2010 - Surgery Day!


Today is the big day when I am going to have my first heart surgery! I am a little nervous but I know that I am in the best place I could be here at Children's with Dr. Huddleston and the rest of the wonderful doctors and nurses! This morning on rounds, they all said that I looked good and am ready to go. My mom and dad have been here with me all day and will be waiting for me when I am done. They told me they are going to be spending the next several days and nights by my side while I recover and I am happy that they will be there even though I probably won't remember any of this. The surgery, which is called the Norwood Procedure with Sano Modification, will take around 5 hours with about and hour before and after for preparation. My mom and dad will update everyone once my surgery is done and they can see me back in my room. I will need lots of rest the first several days so that I can heal and start my recovery. This is the most major of the 3 surgeries I will have, so once I get through this, it will be a piece of cake from then on! My mom and dad and I are all so excited to go home once I have recovered but it could take about 2 - 3 more weeks. I know it will be worth the wait once I am home with them and can start doing all the wonderful baby things that I want to do! I want to thank all of my wonderful family, friends and neighbors that have sent thoughts and prayers my way. I am a very lucky little boy to have so many people that care about me and I can't wait to meet you all and thank you one day soon. I know that God is taking care of me and will see me through this!
Love,
Will
*P.S. I will be 3 weeks old tomorrow - I can't wait!

1 comment: