Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday, Oct. 11, 2010


On Monday morning, mom and dad were there for rounds again. The doctors decided to take me off of the paralytic medicine yesterday so that I could start moving around again, but they said it would take some time before I was able to do much because it takes a while to wear off and I was also pretty swollen from all the fluids I was getting. My special friend Sydney stopped by from upstairs and so did my buddy Kathleen - it is really nice to see some familiar faces in the hospital! Around 6:30pm or so I started to wiggle my fingers and toes just a little bit, which mom and dad were really excited to see. One of the transport team members stopped by to say hi to me and I got visits from Grandpa Tom, Grandpa Jerry, Grandma Karen and Aunt Melissa. My mom and dad went home to sleep that night and got a call around midnight from Dr. Criscola who said it looked like I had developed an infection because of my breathing tube so they were starting me on antibiotics to clear that up. Apparently it is pretty common for this to happen so once the antibiotics do their job, I will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment