Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday, Oct. 15, 2010

Well, Friday was a pretty rough day for me. I guess you have to take the good days with the bad, though :) After getting milk from yesterday, I had a little blood show up in my diaper so they stopped giving it to me right away. Apparently my little intestines weren't quite ready to start digesting food, so they decided to give me a rest. Because my heart is not normal, some of my other organs are not getting as much blood flow and oxygen as a normal baby's would so it was too much for them to start getting milk. My blood pressure also started dropping a lot that day - I was not really tolerating my head moves or care from the doctors and nurses and therapists so I got really upset. I ended up getting a blood transfusion and some blood volumizers throughout the day to get my bloood pressure up and it was pretty scary. There was also a leak in one of my new lines so some of my medication didn't get to me for a few minutes but once that was fixed, I felt much better. I did finally decide to show mom and dad my beautiful baby blues again today, though! They were so happy to see my eyes after such a long and stressful day! I also got a visit from Grandma Pattie who brought me an Elmo balloon!

No comments:

Post a Comment