Saturday, December 11, 2010

I'm Back!


Hello friends and family,


Sorry for the long delay. I have been busy lately with doctor's visits, sleeping, eating a lot, hanging with mommy, daddy, and shelly dog and of course pooping and peeing (can't leave that out). Oh, I got dad wet the other day again. That was fun! Well, to update everyone on my doctor's visits: I saw my pediatrician on Monday and everything went well. I received a couple of vaccinations (one orally and two shots). I didn't like the shots at all but within 20 minutes I was out cold sleeping like a baby :) My pediatrician, Dr. Kreusser, told mom and dad that I was in the 40% for babies my age. She was very surprised by this considering I was in the hospital for 5 1/2 weeks. On Thursday I saw my cardiologist, Dr. Balzer, and he was pleased with my progress as well! I weighted in around 11 pounds 4 ounces and was around 22.7 inches long! They took a electrocardiogram of my heart and everything looked good. It appears that I am on schedule right now for my second surgery in February-March next year. Mom and dad talked with both doctors about day-care and they each strongly recommended waiting til after my second surgery to even consider it. I think mommy and daddy both agreed with this recommendation as they do not want me exposed to other sick kids during the flu season as I might not be able to fight off sickness as easily as other babies.
Mom and dad keep reminding me of all the friends and family that want to meet me one day. I am soooooo excited to see them all but know it will be some time as I need to be strong and healthy for my next surgery so I will just have to wait til it gets warm (plus I don't want to go out in this cold, wet St. Louis weather right now). They also are very thankful for the food that people have brought them even though I don't get to taste it (they tell me it is very good though).
One more thing: GO BEARS!!! Beat pretty boy Tom Brady and the Pats!
-Will

No comments:

Post a Comment