Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lot's to Update!


Sorry I haven't been keeping up too well with my blogging, but I've been a very busy guy! Last Wednesday, I visited my Neurologist, Dr. Mathula Thangarajh, and had a very good checkup! It got off to a rough start because it was right around my lunch time and mom didn't have my bottle warm enough (and I am very picky about the temperature of my milk). Once they got it right (finally!) and I was able to eat, I was one happy and curious little patient! Along with Dr. Mathula, I met Dr. Larson and also a Dr. Catherine Butler - which was very funny because that is my mom's maiden name (minus the Dr. and with a K)! Since I looked so good and passed all my tests, they told us that they wanted to wean me off my Phenobarbital (anti-seizure medicine). I was so happy because this stuff tastes awful! So I went down to half my dose last Wednesday and this Wednesday will go half again until I am done on February 2nd. I had a rough few days of naps after I went down on it last week because a side effect is sleepiness, but I am napping fine again now!
I am also loving my new nannies, Annie and KC! They are so nice and fun to play with and take excellent care of me while my mom and dad are at work. Shelly, my dog, likes to bark at them when they get to my house in the morning which is so annoying! She usually calms down in a few minutes and then sleeps the rest of the day like her usual lazy self.
I am developing quite a personality, too, as mom and dad like to tell everyone. I love to smile and play with my talking dog Scout and on my play mat. I have also been talking quite a bit more and I have a lot to say, but unfortunately I don't think mom and dad understand me most of the time - we'll have to work on that :) I'm also still quite skilled at escaping my swaddle at night. I don't think mom and dad will win this one, because I am very persistent and strong so I just squirm and kick until I can pop my arm out! Luckily mom usually hears me and rewraps me before I completely wake myself up, so I am still getting my 10 hours of sleep each night. My appetite hasn't let up either, so mom and dad are giving me a little formula now with my milk. I don't really taste the difference since they mix it up all together so it's fine by me, and as long as my belly is full, I'm happy!
So, all in all, I am really enjoying babyhood - chunking up every day and having as much fun as I can!
Talk to you soon! And I wanted to give a shout out to my friends in Delaware and all my great nurse friends at Children's!
Love,
Will

No comments:

Post a Comment