Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Well I rang in the New Year with my Grandma and Grandpa Saykes because my mom and dad deserted me to go to dinner with Aunt Liz, Uncle Pat, Aunt Barb and Grandma and Grandpa Butler! I didn't miss them though because I love spending time with my Grandparents - they spoil me so much! I have been enjoying my time at home with mom and dad quite a bit and I am eating more than ever. I am not sure how much I weigh or how tall I am because it's been a while since my last doctor's appointment but I have one on the 13th and I think they will confirm that I am a chunker! I am also sleeping really well at night - about 10 hours - and my mom and dad are loving that! As long as I get a big bottle, a clean diaper and a tight swaddle before I get into my crib, I fall asleep pretty quickly and stay nice and toasty all night long. I discovered a new activity too - sucking on my hands! It is so fun to stick them in my mouth and sometimes I can't decide which one to eat so I put them both in. I am still working on holding my head up when mom makes me do tummy time. I don't hate it as much as I used too but I don't like doing it for too long. After looking around a bit, I just get so tired so I lay my head on the ground and yell at my mom to turn me back over. I like it a little better when I can do tummy time on mom and dad's tummies :) This winter air is really rough on my skin so I have been fighting a little dry skin rash on my face and tummy. I don't like when mom smears vaseline all over me but it is helping a lot so I guess I should let her do it. Mom and dad keep apologizing to me because apparently I've inherited their fair sensitive skin - guess we should stock up on moisturizer and sunscreen! I have also been very lucky to remain healthy because my dad and mom caught colds a few weeks ago but haven't given anything to me - yay! I guess it is because I am Iron Will - and I'm going to do my best to keep the germs away! Well, I will talk to you all soon! I wish everyone a wonderful 2011 and I know that my surgery #2 is going to go great so I will be able to play with all my wonderful friends and family this summer!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, He is so cute! And I am so proud of you! You are such a good mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete